Frequently Asked Questions
You've had an accident. Now what?
If your vehicle is drivable we suggest you drive it to our shop immediately for an evaluation of damages. This initial inspection is important to show that your vehicle is safe and roadworthy. Many times we can perform minor, temporary repairs to keep you going during the claims process. These repairs are generally performed free of charge and at the same time a free appraisal is written and we can help you start the insurance claim process.
Need your car towed?
Let us handle it. Contact us and we will arrange to have your car towed to our facility. Please be aware that at an accident scene you may request that the tow company tow your car to us. As part of our insurance claims service we will submit the tow charges directly to our insurance carrier. If your vehicle has already been towed to another facility we will make all the necessary arrangements to move it to our shop.
Need a replacement vehicle?
We are affiliated with major rental car companies- all of which specialize in accident replacement vehicles. Our knowledgeable office staff makes the rental process smooth. We handle the interaction between the insurance company and the rental car company. Any questions or concerns can be referred to our office.
Call us, it's what we do! Our goal is to return your car in a timely manner, and in better than pre-accident condition.
Your time is valuable.
With your consent we will handle the appraisal process, schedule the repairs, and continue communication with your insurance company until you are back on the road again. Our office staff has a combined 60 years of claims handling experience. We recognize that every situation is unique and we take the time to get you the right information in a timely manner.
What should I expect during the repair process?
No repair can be started before your insurance company's appraiser has had a chance to inspect your vehicle. Prior to the arrival of your insurance appraiser, we will do a full inspection of the damages and write a complete report.
We review the report with the appraiser, order any necessary parts, and prepare the vehicle for repair. The time needed for repairs is based on the extent of damages, availability of parts, and the interaction with the damage appraiser. Often during the repair process hidden damages are discovered. When this happens, we immediately contact your insurance company and arrange for additional inspections commonly referred to as "supplemental damage".
How long will it take to fix my car?
It depends. Your vehicle is an important investment and it is our job to protect that investment. More importantly, it is our job to ensure the safety of your vehicle. There are a lot of factors that can affect repair times:
- Each vehicle is unique and modern vehicles are complicated.
- Many times we will utilize an outside specialist to aid in the repair of various systems.
- Weather can be a factor in the drying times of paint. Again we emphasize our use of THE highest quality paint products which set the standard for the industry.
- During the course of repairs it is usually necessary to call back your insurance company appraiser to inspect damages that were hidden during the initial appraisal.
- Parts can often be delayed or backordered. We will not compromise the quality of repairs by using an inferior part just because it is available quickly. We strive to use the highest quality parts to ensure the integrity of the repair.
- In many cases the proper repair of your car requires major disassembly. All parts are removed from areas to be painted and blended. The reassembly can be time consuming. Our overall goal is to make your car appear as if it was never repaired. The long term value of your car depends on a proper repair. This is why we offer a lifetime warranty.
- Please bring all insurance paperwork with you when dropping off your vehicle. We must have a copy of your insurance company's damage appraisal in order to commence repairs.
- If you have already received your insurance check, please bring it with you. Many times checks require the endorsement of the lienholder which we can handle for you. If you have not received your insurance check, please let us know immediately.
- Please furnish us with a contact phone number and/or email address.
- Please furnish us with your insurance agency's name, phone number, and contact person.
- Please remove all valuables and personal property from your vehicle prior to leaving it for repairs. Anchor Auto Body is not responsible for any items left in your vehicle.
- Please remember that during the repair process it is often necessary to disconnect the battery. Your alarm and radio codes may need to be reset. Please leave any alarm key pads and codes with your keys.
- Please leave wheel lug or wheel cover lock keys with us when you leave your vehicle for repairs. During the repair process, we frequently need to remove the wheels.
- Please remove all personal items from your trunk. We often need access to the trunk and cannot be held responsible for any personal items left in your vehicle.
- Please review our payment policy. Payment must be made in full upon completion of the repairs. We accept insurance company checks, cash, MasterCard, and Visa. Personal checks are accepted with prior approval.
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions.